SEO Issues Galore, What a Headache!
This weekend, we finally got back the results from the on-page search engine optimization (SEO) and technical audit we contracted at the beginning of last week. As it turns out, our hypotheses were indeed confirmed – we are currently running with next to zero SEO, though our off-page SEO turned out to be much better than I was personally expecting. Our backlinks are strong and plentiful (of course we must continue this as we move forward). That was a good sign. However, there is some type of issue with our page titles, meta descriptions, and header tags. This issue is keeping our site from being seen anywhere near an ideal spot in search results. Obviously this negatively affects traffic, and organic traffic is categorically tops when it comes to getting new people to visit our website.
What bugs me is that we paid a decent amount of money for someone to handle this for us last year. Not sure how it got undone, or if it was even done to begin with for that matter. Ugh… I suppose if you want something done right, you often have to do it yourself. None of us are anything close to an expert on these things, so I have a feeling the next couple of weeks or so will involve a lot of learning, of which I will probably be responsible for. Good thing I love to learn 😉
On another note, the Maeng Da Sulawesi that we included in our last shipment has officially been depleted. I have to check stock levels, but I am pretty sure there are literally zero capsules left, and I know we don’t have any kilogram bundles on hand. This is an amazing turn out for a newly introduced product, and possibly the best we’ve ever seen. The downside is that now we will not be able to meet demand on this for a little while. It’s coming, though, I promise!
Okay, now I have to get to work!